Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reality TV

I was sitting here at my desk wondering about the state of television and how we went from formatted shows to the reality crap. We even have shows that aren't real that are formatted in the reality format. I really don't watch television to see other people's crappy lives, I have one of my own and it is full of every kind of crap imaginable. Why, oh why can't I just turn on the television to see something that is intelligently written. Don't get me wrong, once in a blue moon there are some really good shows that show signs of intelligence and, "poof", because they don't appeal to the teenagers and the idiotic people, they are gone. Doomed to a life of reruns on Lifetime or Oxygen. Really? How many times can I watch the same episode of Law and Order any title or House ( or any other one name medical show). It is as if the lame producers out there look at a show and say, "Hey! I know. They really like House lets do Hawthorne or Nurse Betty or Scrubs and remember to rotate the same script around with the names changed to confuse the audience." They really like CSI lets do it in Las Vegas, Miami, New York and what about Stanford? Do they not think we know that all the crimes are the same in every single city in the world? And for that matter what gives with CSI Miami being the number one watched show in the WORLD? Really people? The World? Is it just me? Have we all gone insane? Somebody DO something. I refuse to watch anything based on a bunch of neurotic people living on an island treating each other like crap or in a frat house or an empty street after Armageddon. That day is coming sooner than we think or maybe they are trying to tell us something we don't know. I mean Hollywood does know about things before the rest of the world does. Perhaps we should watch and be prepared for the inevitable. These thoughts are based in my reality but not necessarily seen on tv.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for commenting here, but I didn't know how else to contact you. You won the small kitty stamps and 2 yards of baker's twine from the Love Your Pet Blog hop. Contact me by next Saturday the 23rd with your name and address so I can send it to you. My e-mail is: me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    Thanks. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete